Let me share a great interest of mine with you: Spirits. The liquid kind. To be drunk with pleasure. Especially Single Malt Whisky tickles my fancy.

12 July, 2005

Elderflower brew & Eliksir Essentials

Well, it is not really a brew. I just like the word "BREW". It is an extract on vodka of elderflowers. The mix stood for three days before I removed the flowers, and now I am letting it stand for another 3 weeks - still nine days to go. I just had a sniff of it, and it smells surprisingly nice. I had feared that it would have a thick and overly sweet aroma, but "No" it actually smells rather pleasant.

That's more than what I can say for my "Banana Basil Eliksir". The Basil is hardly detectable, whereas the banana is quite pungent even - especially in the first "whiff" you get, when opening the bottle. Tastewise it is peculiar, and I feel I must mix it with something. I just don't know what that something should be.

The other three finished extracts I have that are ready now are from the flowers and also the leaves of "Menyanthaceae Trifoliata", plus flowers together with top-leaves from "Asperula Odorata". "Menyanthaceae Trifoliata" is very very bitter - especially the extract from the leaves. The one from the flowers is more delicate. The essence from the "Asperula Odorata" is rather nice, but I should like to find out, if it mixes well with something else?

I shall post picture of my wee bottles one of the coming days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home