Let me share a great interest of mine with you: Spirits. The liquid kind. To be drunk with pleasure. Especially Single Malt Whisky tickles my fancy.

17 August, 2005

Elderflower Eliksir: Done!

It's dark, it's strange and it tastes funny - when not diluted!

My elderflower extract is turning darker and darker as time goes by. I've tried drinking it on it's own, but it must only be considered an essence and should be mixed with other essences and then diluted with more Aqua Vitae (e.g. vodka or a lite Schnapps).

I am planning on making an extract on "Melissa officinalis" (Lemon Balm), which I expect will counter the flavour of my sweeter eliksirs well.

Else, I feel I am running low on whisky. I feel I am missing some ligth salty ones (e.g. Pultney or Oban) now that I am living "on the coast", and more of the heavy sweet ones (e.g. Mortlach & a'bunadh). Of course these are ones I've tried before, so I should also find new ones - those yet unknown!

Any suggestions?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home