Let me share a great interest of mine with you: Spirits. The liquid kind. To be drunk with pleasure. Especially Single Malt Whisky tickles my fancy.

08 September, 2005

A New Calvados on My Shelf

Yesterday I bought a bottle of Calvados – good stuff too. Or at least that’s what the clerk told me. It has aged for 18 years on oak cask and is of the genuine kind – straight out of Pay d’Auge.

You guessed right. I am just being a bit pretentious now. I still haven’t tasted the stuff, so what am I trying to say here. Well, just that I love Calvados and that I promise you a thorough description of its qualities once I have tasted it. As a matter of fact I believe I love Calvados the second best of all eliksirs, right after a good single malt whisky.

Now, I just thought of something: “I wonder if it is a single estate Calva, or if it is some cooperative stuff?” Normally you get much more character out of the single estate one – they are much more interesting. That goes for brandy and whisky too, so I’ll definitely look closely into that.

Well, pleasing me was everything I thought of when buying this eliksir (of course the envisaged pleasure I would experience did account for 95% or so), I also had my French colleague in mind when buying it. I’d like him to appreciate it as well, since I enjoy sharing my passion for eliksirs with others.

Got to get off the train now. I’ll catch you later!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home